Monday, October 09, 2006

BEARDS

I've been seeing quite a few young groovy dudes in
Silverlake, Echo Park, Eagle Rock and adjoining areas
sporting late sixties to early seventies back-to-earther

beards of late, and I must say, I think it's swell.
Every once in a while designer jeans accompany these
facial hair fashion statements, but, more often than not, we have
home grown, bluegrass loving, grow-your-own,
alternative transportation idealism.

For anyone who wants to reference the source material
for this bearded idealism, I give you two photos from my home town of
Cannon Beach, Oregon taken in the mid 70s.
There is one only graphic T-shirt in the bunch - "I am not a tourist."


These were my friends, my brother's friends and my parent's friends.
This is a community.
Let's all make daisy chains and stop wearing logos.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home